ial applications for food and agriculture.
- Evaluation of the grain composition (e.g. proteins) before mixing, milling, exporting or processing can increase margins.
- Fertiliser companies could benefit from increased sales by better knowing their customer base through more accurate data analytics.
Factory process production.
Real-time information for improved plant productivity through more extensive and better detection could strengthen process controls.
When the composition of substances or materials requires analysis, real-time feedback at the production plant takes the analysis out of the lab and in-line.
Future MEMS sensors in a hand-held device or smartphone could have numerous potential applications in industrial processes.
- The composition of substances could be analysed at the plant instead of in the laboratory, saving time and improving efficiency on production lines.
- Employees in industrial settings could wear gas sensors that better detect dangerous substances and protect them from harmful exposure.
Hand-held medical diagnoses.
The stretched medical profession and patients could benefit from the early detection capability of our technologies, which offer a broad range of medical applications.
Future MEMS sensors in a hand-held device or smartphone could have numerous potential applications in the medical industry.
- Doctors could detect some types of lung cancer from a person’s breath.
- Doctors could scan moles for melanomas without having to send patients for scans.
- Diabetics could wear a micro device that would read and analyse their blood sugar levels in a non-invasive way.